Hi there! I’m so glad you are here! My name is Jocelyn, and I am the writer at Life in a Leotard, my new blog.
My new blog, just writing those words makes me so happy!!! I have wanted to start my own blog for years, but I never really had the time to balance it with dance, school and the general craziness that everyone calls life.
But now, I have the time. I recently injured myself during a dance performance (more on that later), and on doctor’s orders, I cannot walk for six weeks. For someone like me, that’s a crazy amount of time to be sitting and not being productive. So that is where this lovely blog comes in. With school out and plenty of free time, I can dive right in!
Some things you should know
- I love lists (goes hand in hand with my type A-ness). Any kind of list: numbered, bullet, pro/con, you name it, it will probably appear on this blog
- Punctuation and grammar are really just suggestions
- Despite being an introvert, I really love interacting with people and I try to write as if you and I are sitting across from each other at a nice café, having a good old chat
- I use exclamation points and the word “love” too much (exhibit A above)
- I have a slight leotard obsession, it could actually be a real problem, but hey, when life gives you a leotard obsession, write about it!
- Run-on sentences are wonderful things
- This blog will contain all sorts of goodies because I love to write about all sorts of things, ballet, beauty, life, the important stuff, and my journey through the ups and the downs. I love writing about the highs of performing and the lows of being injured in the hopes that somewhere out there, *waves* I can help someone like you who might be going through a great day, a bad day, or just needs to have a chat with a girl like me.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so excited for the fun we are going to have and I hope you are too!
p.s. head on over to my about me page to learn more about Life in a Leotard and I (;