Happy Friday everyone! How was your week?
For me, this past week was pretty relaxed, so the items I featured in this post are things that brought me joy while I took it easy. As usual, in no particular order:
1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah I loved reading this book! My favorite kind of books to read are historical fiction, especially from World War II, like this one. It is about two sisters during the Second World War, the situations they find themselves in, and the choices they make. I’m generally a very fast reader, and I really enjoyed zooming through this book, as it had me at the edge of my seat at the end! Warning: this is definitely a tear-jerker (coming from the girl who cried at Finding Dory 🙂 ). But it could make anyone cry at the sacrifice and beauty of these characters.
2. Teavana Craft Iced Tea I’m a huge fan of tea, and to me, summer wouldn’t be complete without some good iced tea! I’ve tried two of these, the Peach Green Tea and the Pineapple Berry Blue Tea. Have to be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of the peach one. The mint and peach combo wasn’t for me, but I love the pineapple one. As I’ve mentioned here and here, I’m a sucker for anything pineapple. I also love berries, so it’s a no-brainer that I’d like this tea. There are four flavors out, but currently only two are available nationwide. Look out for Peach Green Tea and Passion Tango Herbal Tea at your grocery store!
3. Wicked Soundtrack Ok, so ever since I saw Wicked for the first time on its national tour a few weeks ago, I’ve been OBSESSED. I can’t even write how much I love it. There will be a blog post coming soon on my experiences seeing it and meeting the stars, so check back soon! Anyways, the Original Broadway Cast recording. I’d listened to it before, but was never really hooked. It wasn’t until I saw it performed that I fell in love with the songs. I love them all! My favorites are No Good Deed, For Good, Popular, Thank Goodness, and of course, Defying Gravity. Definitely give it a chance, even if you aren’t a huge Broadway junkie.
4. New Tsums Tsums So if you are Disney-obsessed like me, or even if you aren’t, you’ve probably heard of Disney’s Tsums Tsums. If you haven’t, they are little plush, pill-shaped, stackable Disney characters. They are adorable! I get extra excited when they bring out my favorite characters, like Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Winnie the Pooh and Up (my favorite!). The newest release is the Best of Pixar Series 2 Collection, made up of characters from Ratatouille and Up!
5. Exploring Over the past week and a half, I did use my wheelchair to spend a little time exploring two cities nearby. It was so much fun! I love being a tourist in my own city, and it feels great to find a cute little shop, garden or café that you might never have discovered! The picture above is from a cute little store we found. How cute are these books?
Have an amazing, safe weekend!
Let’s be pals!