long time no see! It’s been way too long since my last post, but what can I say— life gets crazy and school gets crazier. Today I’m back with five of my favorite Christmas traditions that my family and I have, now that it’s officially the Christmas season!
- putting the tree up – I absolutely LOVE the day after Thanksgiving. It means the Christmas season has officially begun (though I’ve been listening to Christmas music for weeks) and that our tree gets put up! We go overboard on ornaments, which means our tree isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing, but it means a lot to us. Every ornament has a special purpose, commemorating our last Disney trip, a role in the Nutcracker, or a baby’s first Christmas.
- making a huge batch of Christmas cookies – every year, we make a huge batch of sugar cookies to decorate for Christmas. It’s loads of fun to make them as cute as possible, and they’re always perfect to leave out for Santa 🙂
- going to church on Christmas Eve – the service on Christmas Eve is my favorite service of the year! It’s such a good way to remind us what Christmas is truly about.
- Christmas Eve gifts – for as long as I can remember, we’ve had the tradition of each opening one gift on Christmas Eve. We each get a pair of Christmas pajamas to wear that night and wake up in on Christmas morning. I’m always up for wearing a cozy pair of festive pjs!
- cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning – Nothing beats opening gifts, relaxing, and eating a warm, gooey cinnamon roll for breakfast. I’m gluten-free, so it makes the splurge of a cinnamon roll on Christmas morning even more special!
that’s all for today, but comment below a Christmas tradition you have!
I just wanted to throw together a quick little post to get back into the blogging habit! Have a great first weekend of December!